Monday, March 29, 2010

Hmm...Let's take a closer look at life

Now, mind you, what you are about to read is a teenager's outlook on life. You can agree, or you can keep reading out of sheer curiosity. Doesn't make a difference to me. So, that being said, LET'S GET ON WITH THE SHOW.

Okay, I'm going to lay out a timeline.
Ages 1-3: You learn to walk, talk, and wear diapers.
Ages 3-5: Preschool, let the learning process begin.
Ages 5-12: Welcome to elementary school. Most of us lean the cruel lesson of those bigger than us: those stronger than us. (unless you're me and that learning process got blocked. Resulted in a few black eyes.)
Ages 12-14: Middle school, the huge popularity contest begins. If you're not in the popular crowd, let the teasing begin!
Ages 14-18: High school. The big ol' sludge ball of fun. People start drugs, driving, sex, partying and much much more. And these people are our future?!
Ages 18-26: College(most of us anyways). The golden years.
Ages 24-65: WORK. You join the world with the other worker bees, cracking jokes, drinking coffee, and falling asleep earlier than your teenager.
Ages 65-R.I.P- Retirement, you walk, talk and wear diapers until you die.
THATS LIFE
And yet people look at me funny when I spout out the list of things I want to do. The truth is, we get one life. Rather than join the sheep who follow the others, baa-ing and grazing where the others do, I want to be something like a tiger(NOT a cougar). I want to make something of myself. I want to be one of the people who leads people down the path of adventure. I don't ever want to have to say, "Man, I wish I had chosen to do that", because the second I do that is part of my life wasted away. So let us all live life to the fullest, and with minimal regrets.

STICK THAT IN YOUR GRATER AND CHEESE-IT!
~Ashi

2 comments:

  1. Of course, that timeline is highly generalized, even when you're just talking about the so-called "typical"/"normal" people. [Now, throw in one or more disabilities, and some other stuff, if you will.... see what I'm saying? lol.]. ;)

    Otherwise, I pretty much agree.
    One should experience regret, for it is too part of the life experience. But one should keep it minimal if they can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's so true.
    I am emphasizing the "so" part.
    BTW, nice header pic.

    ReplyDelete